An employee of Power Development Department (PDD) died hours after he was electrocuted at Danamazar Safakadal in Srinagar.
Officials said that Riyaz Ahmad Rather, son of Abdul Rehman Rather of Kreshbal Noorbagh who was working as PDL in PDD was critically injured after he received electric shock at Danamazar Safakadal on Saturday.
He received electric shock when he was busy with maintenance of 11 kv network, they said, adding that he was immediately taken to SMHS hospital for treatment.
"The injured PDD casual labour scumbed to his injures during night at the hospital," the officials said.
Meanwhile, Chief Engineer PDD, Aijaz Ahmad Dar said that he has ordered investigation into the matter—(KNO)